cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP-830 error saying document in ADF.

Pampaw
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MP-830 and when I try to scan or fax from the ADF I get an error saying document in ADF. There is NO document in the ADF. I've cleaned the input and output paths and the platen. I can scan one page at a time directly from the platen but doing that with 30 pages of two-sided paperwork is crazy. I need this ADF to work but I can't get anywhere with Support. They just tell me to buy a new printer; I can handle tools and testing equipment, so if anyone can give me any tips on where to start with this ADF problem I would appreciate it. Again, I have already cleaned it from top to bottom. Thank you in advance for your reply.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi Pampaw,

Since you have cleaned the paper input and output slots as well as the platen glass and are still receiving the same error, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error continues, the printer will require servicing.  Please click on the Contact Us link below for servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements