cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6220 now defaults to 2-sided copy setting

Jwpottberg
Apprentice
My PIXMA MG6220 has suddenly decided to always default to a copy setting of 2-sided after working normally for years. This only affects manual copying. Printing from the computer works OK and correctly uses the computer-set defaults. Before doing a manual copy, I can manually set the settings on the printer to 1-sided and it works correctly, but as with other print settings (like paper size, etc.), it reverts back when the stop or home button is pressed. I have tried unplugging and plugging the printer back in, no luck. The default copy print setting of 2-sided is still present. Is there a way to force the default copy settings in the printer? Thanks for any help.

Jim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Jwpottberg,

We can reset the printer back to its default settings to try and get the copy settings to revert to single-sided printing as a default.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2.  Select Setup on the HOME screen.

3.  Select Device settings, then touch the OK button.  The Device settings screen is displayed.

4.  Use the UPDOWN button to select the Reset setting, then touch the OK button.

5.  Use the UPDOWNbutton to select the Settings Only setting, then touch the OK button.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi Jwpottberg,

We can reset the printer back to its default settings to try and get the copy settings to revert to single-sided printing as a default.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2.  Select Setup on the HOME screen.

3.  Select Device settings, then touch the OK button.  The Device settings screen is displayed.

4.  Use the UPDOWN button to select the Reset setting, then touch the OK button.

5.  Use the UPDOWNbutton to select the Settings Only setting, then touch the OK button.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks so much, this fixed my problem. (But FYI I have not been able to find the answer in the manual.)
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements