cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5450 multifunction printer AirPrint problem.

NeilWalker
Apprentice

My newly acquired MG5450 works OK with iPad2 AirPrint for about 5 minutes, afterwards I have to either press "HOME" or switch the printer off and then on again for it to continue to work.  I have updated the printer firmware to the fuu_w10_mg5400-1_0-ea7 version.  Is there a later version?

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi NeilWalker!
Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry! We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for the US market. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs. Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Mbkoks
Apprentice
Had the same issue, found the cause after a lot of troubleshooting.
With a normal browser, browse to the ip address of the printer.
In one of the menus find this setting:

[Wireless LAN DRX setting];
Specify whether Wireless LAN DRX is to be enabled or disabled.
When this setting is enabled, wireless LAN will be in sleep mode during intervals between signals from the access point, thus reducing power consumption.

Turn this off, apply, and the printer doesn't disappear anymore.
Announcements