cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5420 requires excessive head cleaning

edarendt
Apprentice

MG5420 printer, useage light to moderate, needs its head cleaned a couple of times a week.  Symptoms are streaking and/or missing color in pictures and/or no black pigment printing.  My previous printer, an MP600 which I used for 7 years rarely need its head cleaned until it quit printing at which time cleaning didn't help.  After cleaning the MG5420, nozzle patterns look good but it goes bad again in a couple of days.  Today, for instance it printed a picture nicely and then, a few minutes later, used no yellow ink on the same picture.  I'm usingCanon ink, purchased within the past month and have never used off-brand ink.  Is this normal?  Can the head be replaced?

1 REPLY 1

Julius
Rising Star

Hello!

What you are describing is not normal.  You have done the recommended troubleshooting to resolve this.  The best thing to do would be to get in touch with our technical support team at http://bit.ly/Phone_Support for further assistance.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements