cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3180 - Wifi problems and VERY slow printing

Patrickmau
Apprentice

Hi,

this is my first time with a Canon printer and given the problems I have here its definitely the last... Maybe someone can help me with the following problems:

Printer: Canon PIXMA MG3180

Drivers used: MG3100 series - http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/contents/SG/EN/0100356201.html

1. unstable wifi connection

printer is in the same shelf as the wifi router, approx. 40cm away but cannot establish a connection. when moving the printer away to the end of the room, approx. 5m away, the signal is at 50%. I think most speed issues arise from here, but even with a 95-100% signal strength all tasks are being executed very slowly.

2. VERY slow print

printing via wifi takes approx. 5min (!) for the print to start, and a 7 page document (1,2mb size - pdf) with no color takes around 20min to print. See above.

3. scan not supported (unless when using MP Navigator)

I cannot scan via the windows 7 integrated scan assistant which I personally prefer over the canon software. However, scan is generally ok via wifi but also very slow in regards to starting the scan process (takes around 1min of warming up).

Printer was bought earlier today in Mainland China and comes with a chinese language driver cd which doesnt work at all since the printer is not being installed correctly and not recognized via the drivers... running all taks via USB works just fine, but if I have to use the cable then why do I bother to buy a WIFI printer in the first place?

EDIT:

forgot to mention: drivers have been uninstalled and re-installed several time, network setup has been conducted several times, nozzle cleaning and other maintance items have been executed as shown in the printer properties. All no luck.

Thanks for all the help,

Patrick

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements