cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 5420 won't print text; only graphics

DeniseSl
Apprentice

Hello ~

I just bought the MG 5420 printer, after the previous Canon printer died.  When I printed out the test page, it only printed the Microsoft image of four small diamond-shapes, with no text. My computer is running on Windows XP.  I downloaded the disc that came with the printer, so I know the printer is 'getting' the information from the computer; it's just not printing the text.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona,

Thanks for replying. I should have posted a reply to my original message a week ago. My uncle came to visit me and used it; whatever he did, worked because the printer will print everything now - text and graphics.

Thanks again...Happy Thanksgiving

Denise

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi DeniseSl,

To try and get the printer to print text, please ensure that all tape has been removed from the bottom of the ink tanks installed in the printer.  If the text still does not print, please print a nozzle check pattern from the printer following the steps at the link below, then provide us with the results:

Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern

Did the nozzle check pattern print correctly?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona,

Thanks for replying. I should have posted a reply to my original message a week ago. My uncle came to visit me and used it; whatever he did, worked because the printer will print everything now - text and graphics.

Thanks again...Happy Thanksgiving

Denise

Announcements