cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC532 on or off when not in use?

icicle50
Contributor

To keep heads from clogging and minimize ink usage, is it best to leave modern inkjets (MC532) on or off from day to day when only used occasionally?

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I leave my power switch on and set the auto off function in the driver. That way it powers down after a set time period but wakes up when I go to print.

Never had a clogging problem.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for this, John. The only reason I asked was that there is apparently some capping function that takes place on the tanks when the machine is turned off that prevents drying of the inks - not sure if that happens in "sleep" mode or not. I understand that the machine goes through fewer cleaning routines when left on, though, so less ink used for these. The MX 532 seems to go into standby or sleep mode, but I can't find a place anywhere to set this function...

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Not about your particular printer, but all the Canon printers I have owned it was in the Maintenance tab in the printer driver.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks, again, John. Been through every page of the printer driver and can find nothing to do with standby or sleep mode settings. I can only assume that it's pre-set at a few minutes of inactivity without the option for the user to vary this. The LCD screen does go blank after about 5 mins, so I assume that it is in standby mode at that time...

Do you get screens like this?

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I do... And all the options are there, except for "Auto Power".

Maybe because its an All-in-One.  If it went to sleep faxes couldn't be received.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements