cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a new printhead for a mp830 all-in-one. For edible imaging.

newbaker09
Apprentice

I am looking to get into starting a small bakery out of my home. I have done some reseach on some edible image printers and seen that the canon prixma mp830 is a good one and was highly recommented . But I bought it 2nd hand and have no idea were to find a new printer head . I can not use the one I have in it now . Does anyone have any idea where or if it will work?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi newbaker09,

Canon does not recommend the use of edible ink or icing sheets for use in any of its range of Bubble Jet Printers. The printers are not designed to print with edible inks or to be used with edible icing paper.

Canon has not approved or tested edible inks or icing sheets.

Standard inks (either Canon manufactured inks or other third party inks) are not safe to digest and immediate medical advice should be sought if this were to happen.

If the use of such inks or media were contemplated then extreme caution should be taken to avoid cross contamination with the standard inks and to avoid contact with any of the printer internal components that could contain substances, which may be transferred onto the icing sheet.

In addition to the potential health and safety aspects, the use of these edible inks or icing sheets in your printer could result in reduced print quality, clogging of the printer's system or even damage to the printer's components.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements