cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of printer models used in specific carts

videobruce
Enthusiast

Are there lists of which models use which cartridges anywhere?

I'm interested in replacing a older "i" series with a used printer only (no all-in-one). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi videobruce,

The PIXMA iP series printers replaced the i-series printers.

The PIXMA iP series line are printers only, they do no have the ability to scan or fax.

None of the printers currently available are supported with the Linux operating system.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, videobruce!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know either which ink cartridges you have, or which printers you own or plan on getting. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't know what printer since there are so many models and I don't know the differences between the different cartridges regading refilling with bulk ink which is my main concern.

I was looking for a list of printers each cartridge can be used with.

Hi videobruce,

The MP/MG model printers offer print, scan and copy capability, and the MX model printers offer those same functions, as well as faxing capability.  The single function printers that we currently offer can be viewed on the Canon USA website here.

We don't recommend the use of refilled or remanufactured inks in our printers, and cannot guarantee that they will work with our printers. Our print head and inks work together as a precisely engineered system to support optimum image quality, print speed and reliability in higher resolution text and color printing applications.  If you have difficulty locating inks for your printer locally, you can purchase Canon supplies and accessories at the Canon eStore here.

If you are unsure of the printer model that you have, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to assist you with determining the model, and also be able to provide you with information on other printers that use the same type of inks.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The "ip" series came out after the "i" series and replaced them. Correct?

Are the "ip" series the only ones that are just 'printers'??

Also, are any of these compatable with Linux?

Hi videobruce,

The PIXMA iP series printers replaced the i-series printers.

The PIXMA iP series line are printers only, they do no have the ability to scan or fax.

None of the printers currently available are supported with the Linux operating system.

Thanks for that.

Why is Canon so anti-Linux??  Cat Mad

videobruce
Enthusiast

I'm looking for a non all-in-one, 4 or maybe 5 color printer only. I see all now are AIO which I don't want or need.

The apparent older "ip" series, are those the only printer only models? Are all the "MP/MG/MX" model numbers multi function?

Announcements