cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIDE 90 and MG3100

urban1
Apprentice

I have an MG3100 printer/scanner and an LIDE 90 scanner which I wish to use on the same computer.  I am running Win7 (64).

The computer recognizes the LIDE 90 as being connected but I am unable to scan anything with it.  I tried to download the Canoscan software but it won't install (says it only works on the 32 bit version).

The MG3100 is not convenient for scanning a large volume of pictures.  Is there any way I can use both of these scanners together on this computer?  Is there a 64 bit version of the Canoscan software available, or any way of making the MP Navigator software recognize the LIDE 90?

Hope there is a solution to this problem which doesn't require buying another brand of scanner.

Thanks,

Bob

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello urban1.

To install the LiDE 90 on your 64-Bit Windows 7 computer, please download the update drivers and MP Navigator EX 1.07 program from our website.  Please visit the following link.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_lide90#DriversAndSo...

Once there, choose 'Windows 7 x64" in the "Select OS" menus to access the correct downloads.

The MG3120 uses a different version of the MP Navigator than the LiDE 90.  Please be sure that the MP Navigator EX 5.0 program is used for the MG3120 and the 1.07 program is used for the LiDE 90.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements