cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got a PiXMA MG3220........printer ? Scanning?

Donnajeanne
Apprentice

I am a senior, I have had other printers, but can't seem to figure out how to scan.  My MG3220 can't find a booklet

on it.   Where or what do I do to get help.   Thanks.   This is wirless to my laptop...Dell

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi Donnajeanne,

There is a program called My Image Garden that comes with the printer that can assist you with scanning.  To scan using My Image Garden, please follow the steps below.

Easy Scanning with Auto Scan

You can scan easily by automatically detecting the item type.

1. Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.

2. Place the item on the platen of your scanner or printer.

Note
    • See the corresponding page of On-screen Manual for how to place items.

3. Start My Image Garden.

Starting My Image Garden

4. Click Scan.

figure: Folder view

The view switches to Scan.

5. Click Auto.

figure: Scan view

Scanning starts.

Note
    • Refer to the corresponding page of On-screen Manual to specify the scan settings.

• Click Cancel to cancel the scan.

When scanning is completed, the image appears as a thumbnail.

figure: Scan view

Note
    • You can rotate the selected image 90 degrees clockwise each time you click Rotate.

• You can crop images.

Cropping Scanned Images

• Click Save to save rotated or cropped scanned images.

Save Dialog Box (Scan View)

• You can set the save location for scanned images on the Advanced Settings tab of the Preferences dialog box displayed by selecting Preferences... from the Tools menu.

Note

You can also print scanned images. Right-click a thumbnail and select Print... from the displayed menu to display the print settings dialog box. Select the printer and paper to use, then click Print.

If you would like to install the user's manual for the printer, it can be downloaded from the Canon USA website.  The following link will take you to the Brochures and Manuals page for the PIXMA MG3220:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_print... 

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Please select your language preference from the "LANGUAGE" section.

2.  When the manuals are displayed, please click on the MG3200 series On-screen Manual (Windows 8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) manual.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download. 

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, if given the option to RUN or SAVE the file, please select the RUN option and follow the instructions to download and install the manual. 

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hi I also just bought a canon MG3200 and I am having problems with it printing out my documents..... when I click the printing botton its starts priniting then it says printing error and stops priniting the page. Concerning the scanner, How can I scan wirelessly withouth using the usb port ...... thanks alot

ghandoc
Apprentice

I can't get my MG6821 to scan at all.

In my image garden, the scan icon is greyed.

Windows 10.  I've tried it via wifi, I've tried it directly connected as well.  Still won't work.

The printer works great.  I can hit the scan button and the scanner scans -- but the image is nowhere to be found.  I mean, nowhere.  Certainly not in my image garden.

updates seem to do no good.  reinstalling software does no good either.  Connecting to a different coputer does no good.

I never needed to scan but now I do.  Is my image garden simply a complete bust?  Is there some alternate software that will work with this printer?  I've tred MP navigator but it doesn't work with this version.

Any ideas how I can get this to work or do I need a different product all together?  I've enjoyed Canon products for some time but this one seems like a disaster.

I'll try anything.  Anyone have a useful idea I can try?

Announcements