cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is print head alignment part of initial setup?

hayley3
Apprentice

I'm trying to help someone over the phone setup their Canon printer.  They said a Print Alignment screen popped up and so they can't install their drivers.    Surely Canon doesn't make you do a print alignment during setup?  I find that hard to believe, does anyone know.  Now I have to drive an hour to help someone install a simple printer...sheeesh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BillS
Mentor

Hi hayley3,

Many inkjet printers do include a print head alignment as part of the setup to ensure that the printer is working properly, and so that the printer can be restored to factory settings.  Instructions for performing the alignment are included in the Getting Started Guide, and are available in our online Knowledge Base.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi hayley3,

Many inkjet printers do include a print head alignment as part of the setup to ensure that the printer is working properly, and so that the printer can be restored to factory settings.  Instructions for performing the alignment are included in the Getting Started Guide, and are available in our online Knowledge Base.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Epson doesn't do that.  I think it's too complicated for some people...to take apart a printer at the initial setup. 

You did not say which printer, but I don't think there is any disassembly involved. For my HP, the printer just prints an alignment pattern and uses that to automagically (I suspect they have extra nozzles) get the black printhead lined up with the color one.

Announcements