cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Printhead

Slovey59
Apprentice

I own a Canon MX892 and have inserted new print cartridges, but still receive a message saying that I need to install the correct printhead?  Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Can you provide some history?

What troubleshooting steps have you performed?

How long have you had the printhead message?

Did you think that replacing ink cartidges would resolve a printhead error?

Maybe this will help, assuming you have the correct printhead?

Reseat Printhead

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I've had the printer for about 2 years.  I never replaced the printhead, but I don't use printer often.  I have tried turning printer off and on.  Unplugging and replugging it.  I've had the message for a couple of months.  Honestly, when the message gave printhead error, I thought it was referring to cartridges.  How do I reseat printhead?

Now message says:

Printer error has occurred. Turn the printer off the back on again.  If problem persists, refer to manual--of course, I don't know where the manual is.

Any type of help you can provide would be truly appreciated.

o.k. So I found the printhead, cleaned it, and put cartridges back in.  Message still says to install correct printhead.  I have never changed this printhead so it is the one that came with the printer.  I'm at a loss???

Hi Slovey59,

If the error persists after reseating the print head, the printer will require service to correct. Your options at this point will be to have the printer either repaired or replaced.

To preserve your privacy, please use the "Contact Us" link below to discuss service options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements