cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IX6550 stopped printing in colour

STEVONATRON
Apprentice

Following the replacement of my black ink cartridge, my printer suddenly stopped printing in colour. 

So far, I've tried uninstalling the driver and downloading the latest. I've gone through the maintenance software, cleaing the nozzles, etc,. I've rigorously looked through the software to make sure all options are unticked for black-only, or grey-scale printing. I've tried printing in different programmes...

No success and I'm in quite a hurry to get gifts for Christmas printed (already overdue). This is very frustrating since the printer is still relatively new.

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6

Tiggerrr2018
Contributor

No one seems to have offered any answers for you... if this happened me I'd take it back as it seems its a lemon... specially if its still new. 

I should have used the word 'new' very loosely because it's probably outside its warranty but in mint condition. I intend on changing all the colour cartridges to see if that fixes the problem, but if not, I'll need to throw it out the window.

Hello!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. Your printer is a model that isn't supported here in the USA. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States so that other users might offer tips or insight, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Okay.. I thought Canon was a world wide company. Cheers

I forgot to thank you for the link.  Its appreciated.

Thank you for the reply, Canon, though I appreciate I may have unintentionally posted on the US forum, I very much doubt the variation of IX6550 printers differ globally, however, I stand to be corrected.

I'll take this response as "sorry, we don't know, go away". So I'll take it as such.

Announcements