cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I no longer have the pixma 520 How do I get the network scanner off the menu bar?

xena
Apprentice

How do I remove the network scanner from the menu bar. It slows down startup on my Mac. I no longer have the Pixma 520.

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Xena!

So that the Community can help you better, let us know what version of Mac you are using.  Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for your quick response. I'm using Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

I got a new printer and my husband is using the Pixma 520 on his computer. I had photo sharing set up with his printer. I turned that off and the icon went grey. But it is still there. I'd like to remove it all together.

Ramona
Authority

Hi xena,

Please follow these steps to remove the IJ Network Scanner from the menu bar:

1.  Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.

2.  Click Accounts from System, select a user name from My Account, then select Login Items.

3.  Select Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX, then click [-].

4.  Confirm that the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX was removed, then restart your computer.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your response, but I don't have an Accounts category in my system Preferences! Any ideas?

I decided to look further. I opened Hard Drive, System, Library, Preference Panes, Accounts Pref Pane - Under that I found the Network Scanner! I unclicked it, restarted and ----- it's still there!

Announcements