cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with a Canon BJC-85 printer. Error message occurs after years of successful use. Help

christopher
Apprentice

6 REPLIES 6

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi christopher!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what error message you're receiving, and when the error occurs. That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your BJC-85 printer.

Thanks!

The error light is illuminated when I turn the printer on (accompanied by three beeps).  When I try to print a document, the window for the printer pops up with the printer identified and the presets default noted as 'last used settings' (as it has done in the past).  Clicking on the print button results in the icon on the bottom tool bar appearing with a 1 within a circle (indicating one job in the queue).  Then, nothing.  Clicking on the icon results in a message 'printing warming up'.  Eventually, after some time, the printer beeps three times, the error light keeps flashing.  What can be done?

Hi christopher,

A 3 beep error indicates that the I would like to the green BC-10 or BC-11 cartridge is not being detected.  I would like to try removing and reinserting the cartridge to try and resolve the issue.  Use the following steps to remove the cartridge:

1. Make sure that the printer is turned on, then open the cartridge cover.

2. Press the CARTRIDGE button to move the cartridge to the center.

3. Remove the BJ cartridge.

Lift the green tab to remove the BJ cartridge from the holder.

Once the carrtridge has been removed, use the following steps to reinsert the cartridge:

1.  With the label side up, set the BJ cartridge into the cartridge holder at a slight angle.

Align the marks (  ) on the BJ cartridge with the marks on the holder. This illustration shows the BC-10 Black BJCartridge being installed in the printer. The BC-11e Color BJ Cartridge has similar marks, which must also be aligned for installation.

2. Press down on the raised left side of the BJ cartridge until it locks in place.

Press down until you hear the BJ cartridge lock in place.

3. Close the cartridge cover.

4. Press the CARTRIDGE button.  The printer moves the cartridge holder to the home position and automatically starts cleaning the print heads. The POWER light flashes during the print head cleaning. Print head cleaning is complete and the printer is ready for operation when the POWER light remains on.

If this does not resolve the issue, I recommend using the Contact Us link to look into possible service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the idea, but this was not the problem and did not help.  I will have to seek professional service.

Hi Christopher,

I have now got the same problem (3 beeps etc) that you had. Did you get it resolved - and if so how please?

Best wishes

Keithie

n2ri
Contributor

yeah been using these series for more than decade. if ink has sat a week or more unused mine do same thing and its due to the pre-print phase didnt detect ink in overflow pad most times you just have to restart printer 3-4 times til ink flows again unless ink tank needs taken out and checked for ink on pad with paper towel or tank holder may have dried ink blocking flow from long term storage with ink tanks and holder in printer and need to soak bottom of the tank holder in rubbing alcohol a bit up to 24hrs. I refill my tanks as cartridges no longer available so save the orange caps for everything (I need some if anyone has extras for all 4 styles sml and large black tanks, color tanks, ink tank holders. also round storage boxes SB-10). these printers are fussy but very robust and only mobile printer options

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements