cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a massive paper jam (10 pages)in my canon pixma mx432

susancb
Apprentice

My printer was printing a document when I noticed there were only 2 pieces of paper left so I tried to add some more and must have done it at just the wrong time..now there are 15 pages of paper stuck and I can see them at both the input and output wrapped tight.. Can't pull even one page out the input..Is there any help or have I damaged the printer beyond repair?? Tried all the paper jam suggestions..but my jam is way, way beyond that!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

susancb
Apprentice

Solved!!! How?  Take plyers and grab a bunch of paper(10 sheets ) from the input tray..pull really hard..I started from the bottom up and managed to pull out 30+ sheets..Lesson learned..Do not slam in more paper while printer is printing!!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

susancb
Apprentice

Solved!!! How?  Take plyers and grab a bunch of paper(10 sheets ) from the input tray..pull really hard..I started from the bottom up and managed to pull out 30+ sheets..Lesson learned..Do not slam in more paper while printer is printing!!!

Thanks!! Great fix!! Thought I had to throw it away!!

BenFury
Apprentice

Key point.

UNPLUG THE PRINTER!

Once power is removed from the printer, the tensioner that's power-driven goes slack.

ALL of the massive paper jam pulls out almost EFFORTLESSLY.

ianic
Apprentice

Thanks for putting the solution there as I thought my printer might be done for. I did the same mistake, except with 25 or so pages. Pulling out the jam with plyers worked well however make sure you take it from the out slot. 

sapione
Apprentice

What do I do . I can see the paper but it is too far in to pull out

Thank you. All the papers came out with one pull with my pliers

Announcements