cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print greyscale on Pixma iP2702

tadcaster
Apprentice

Hi,

Why can i not print black / greyscale when the color cartridge is empty. I very rarely print color, but hte printer will not print anything if the color is empty!

How can I get it to print greyscale without having to buy another color cartridge I will not use?

Mac OSX 10.10.3 - Pixima 2702

thanks

Pete

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If a cartridge has gone empty, the empty ink cartridge would have to be replaced before any printing can resume. 

Once you have replaced the empty cartridge, you can set the unit to grayscale mode to conserve your color ink.  From the print menu, go to the Quality and Media section in the dropdown menu for your program.  Then check the grayscale box to print the item in grayscale.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why do Support Answers, in general - not just here on Canon, hardly ever give a straight answer ?

The person asked WHY they can't print in greyscale, without a color cartriage in place ? We don't understand, 'what does color have to do with greyscale' ? And your anser ignores the 'color / greyscale' question and gives a generic responce.

I have the same question that is being asked here, but for a Pixma MG3100. Can you please give an updated response, that satisfies the question, why a non-empty color cartiage has to be in place, for a greyscale image to be printed.

I appreciate your time my friend,

Shane

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements