cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print a full sized 11x14" photo on my PIXMA iP8720?

rridgeback55
Apprentice

Cannot print a full 11x14" photo on my PIXMA iP8720? Comes out any size but that. Had to switch back to my Epson 1430 and all I did was select 11x14".  The canon does not have that size to select and I have no idea what A3 etc is all about

Cannot blieve seting upa print on this printer is so much trouble.

11 REPLIES 11

VoodooDali
Apprentice

Did you still need help with this? I sort of stumbled over a solution.

11x14 paper is used nowhere but in the US; probably why it's not a standard Apple size. You'll need to be sure you're running the Canon printer driver, as opposed to the Bonjour or a generic driver. Then, open any image in the Preview app, select File -> Print from the menu, and "Show Details" in the Print Options.

From there, where you would normally select a paper size, instead select "Manage Custom Sizes" (I think that was the wording).

Now you can create a new, user-defined paper size (change the title from "Untitled" to "11 x 14"). Afterwards, you'll be able to select this paper size from any app you choose.

Hope it helps? Best wishes

heresjohnny
Apprentice

I just bought a new iP8720, and immediately ran into the problem of printing 11x14.  I'm very disappointed that the Canon driver did not include this size, and would have bought another printer, but, I really like the Canon otherwise, and was able to easily hack through the problem using MS Powerpoint. 

1)  Import a file into a .PPT page, size it at 11x14.

2)  Add a rectangle on the bottom sized 11x3.  No line, white fill.

3)  Group the elements

4)  Save the picture as a JPEG.

5)  I print on a blank 11x17 and cut it, or 11x14 sheet. Using Arches hot roll watercolor paper.  Looks beautiful with no margin.

If you want a border, just make the grouped elements slightly smaller in MS PP, and save that as a JPG. I made a template for both cases.  Of course, this will work for any size not provided in the driver.

This assumes one knows how to use Powerpoint.  If you don't know, it is still ridiculousy easy with some practice. 

Announcements