cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete the Canon pop-up which launches itself every time I log onto my computer.

Zarack
Apprentice

I purchased a Canon MX870 All-In-One printer/fax/scanner in Jan 2012. Great machine.

What I want to do is delete the pop-up box that launches itself every time I log on and at

other intervals throughout my use of my computer. Not only when a Canon Product may

be involved (..I have several other Canon Products, camera, mini-video camera, other

Canon printers).

I'm sure there is a way to delete this pesky pop-up - since it comes up at Start menu,

I should be able to delete it but I can't find the right piece of software.  I sure don't want

to compromise the many applications that this printer provides.  I just want this box to go

away.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi Zarack,

We think you might be referring to the Canon Solution Menu. If so, there is a check box that can be unchecked to prevent it form popping up. To check, start the Canon Solution Menu by clicking the Solution Menu icon. That can be located in the Solution Menu sub-listing in Canon Utilities in your computer's program listings. It should look like the attached image.

Uncheck the box next to "Start Solution Menu when Windows starts". If this isn't the pop-up you are referencing, please feel free to call us at 1-800-OK CANON (652-2666) for additional assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements