cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I print custom DVD labels from Photoshop with my Pixma MG6320?

JamesScottG
Apprentice

How may I print custom DVD labels that I create in Photoshop? I just purchased a Pixma MG6320 printer and can only see three templates as DVD label options. 

12 REPLIES 12

If you cannot make and edit a PDF file yourself, then these parameters may help:  

Create a new Photoshop document that is 1535px wide by 2656px tall (portrait orientation), 300 dpi, RGB color, 8 bit, transparent background.   Create an elliptical marquee (a circle selection, that is) with a fixed size of 1327px--the printable area of a CD/DVD--and position it about 2-7/16" down from the top of the document and centered side-to-side.  Stroke this selection with a centered blue 2px line to make a blue circle.  Center within that circle another smaller circle (269px for a printable hub, about 525px for a non-printable hub) and stroke this, too.  These guidelines will show you where your image needs to fall--you can turn the visibility of this layer off when you print.  You may also add guides to help snap your images and text into place.

Do a few test prints to be sure everything is aligned perfectly, tweaking the position of your blue guidelines as needed.  Then save your PS file to use as a template.  

Note--when you use your template, keep your art and text within the guides to avoid printing on the hub or tray!  Then follow instructions in my previous post for page setup and print settings.

You can use printable other dvd label software, designed specifically for printing on labels or covers, just put a template in a program and print.

Thanks, that worked for me
Announcements