07-15-2016 09:59 PM
I've printed a lot of dvd's (from my feature films) on Epson, and it was easy. Now I've sort of graduated to Canon, I noticed that Canon has different colors, etc, which I don't want. I want titles on a printable white dvd.
How do I do it. Or can I do it?
07-15-2016 10:17 PM
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which printer you have, what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
07-18-2016 09:02 AM
Try using our Easy-PhotoPrint EX program to print your disks. The program can be found on our website at the following link:
If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.
07-18-2016 11:39 AM
I don't want to use pre-made formats, just a simple blank white DVD with no format, just plain white DVD that I can put titles as I want them. I've used that for years on my old Epson, now gone unfortunately.
07-18-2016 11:52 AM - edited 07-18-2016 11:52 AM
You can use My Image Garden to print on DVDs. This program will allow you to place text boxes in the manner that you wish.
To download this, please follow these steps:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA iP7220 in the "Enter a Model Name" box.
3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Software' link in the middle of the page.
4. Please click on the "Select" button next to My Image Garden.
5. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
6. Click the Download button.
7. When the Save As box comes up, click Save.
8. Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
9. Double click [mig_-win-3_5_0-ea31_2.exe].
Files will extract, follow the prompts and the installation will complete.
To print on your DVD, please open My Image Garden and follow these steps:
1. On the left hand side, in the directory view, please browse to the folder where your images are and choose your photo. The photo you wish to use will now appear on the right hand side. Click on it.
2. Click on New Art at the bottom and then Disk Label.
3. Select Standard and click OK.
4. Click on Background and then select Photo. Your selected photo will now fill the image of the DVD.
5. Click Layout. Choose your desired layout. Try using the first layout in the 3rd row down.
6. 3 text boxes will appear overlaying your image on the DVD. If you move your cursor over the text box's outline, the cursor will turn into a 4 headed arrow. If you click and hold the mouse button down while moving the cursor, you can reposition the text box. When you place the cursor over one of the boxes on the outline of the text box, you will be able to resize the text box. You can also rotate the text box by clicking the "Rotate Freely" button.
7. Click Print.
8. Make any necessary adjustments and then click Print to print the label on the DVD.
To view the video of this process, please follow this link: