cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a problem with my Canon Pixma MP560 not working with my PC even though I've had it for 2 yrs

squirt11
Apprentice

I've never had a problem with my printer/computer working together after 2 yrs. But since the first of April, my PC sees it on the computer but keeps giving me an error message of "drivers not installed correctly". And when I hook up the USM to do a diagnose and repair, the results are fine, no problems. 

At first I couldn't find the original disc, so after I uninstalled everything, I downloaded all the drivers from the Canon Website. The MP Driver I downloaded about 4 times because it kept saying error with driver. I finally e-mailed tech support on April 14th with no luck. So I then called and was tring to get support that way but all of a sudden my computer was trying to freeze up, so I said I would call back later.

Since then, I have found my original disc so I uninstalled every thing related to Canon once again, and inserted the disc only to run up on the same problem. I have uninstalled about 4 or 5 times and reinstalled. 

Running 'diagnose and repair' doesn't do any good.

I have googled for answers only to find out that many others have had similar problems since April and some suggested that it may have to do with a Windows update. Not sure about that but I can't figure out why out of the blue it won't print even though it's showing okay.

As far as I know, no new software other than the regular updates.

Same old antivirus that has been in  here since 2009 and yes, I was told to turn that off when installing, along with Windows Defender, but it did no good.

Oh, and I run my printer wireless. 

But even with a USB cable, it won't print or scan.

Has any one got a clue as to what may be going on???

Very frustrating to say the least.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks~

Squirt11

1 REPLY 1

squirt11
Apprentice

I would like to add I might have the problem solved.

I found an older Windows forum from 2009 where another person had a similar problem and it was suggested to use the add 'local printer'. Of course, the wizard set it up so not sure what it did but I did what they suggested and the scanner finally works. 

Also, when I went to print something, the preview picture came up and the door to the printer popped open but one of my ink cartridges is out so it couldn't print.....bummer.

At least I never got the 'driver not installed correctly' message.

As soon as I get a chance to get some more ink and try it, I'll post the results.

**fingers crossed it works**

Thanks~

squirt11

Announcements