cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP with finding model of printer.

sg44556677
Apprentice

I bought a printer and the USB that will allow me to connect my printer to my laptop. When setting it up in my settings, it asks for the model of my printer. I have looked everywhere to find the model and I can't find it. How do I find the model? Can I provide the serial number?

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, sg44556677!

Your Canon printer's model number should be displayed prominently on the top and/or front of the unit. Our model numbers typically begin with 2 or 3 letters (such as TS, TR, MX, MG, MB, MF, MP, LBP, iP, or iX) followed by up to 4 numbers.  As for the serial number, that's most commonly found on the back of the unit, though some inkjet models have it on the inside.  If you're able to determine the model and are unable to find the serial number, let us know the model and we'll let you know where to find it.

We hope this helps!

I found the model number, however, when I connect the printer in my computer settings it isn't an option. 

It's possible your model may be listed by its series number.  The PIXMA TS8220, for instance, would probably be listed as the PIXMA TS8200.

Hope that helps!

Can I give you the serial number and help tell me what the model is

If you already found the model number please provide it, we'll tell you which option to select!

What is the serial number?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Serial number..  not to us.  Won't do anything.  Contact Canon  They will help you identify your product.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Lily198403
Apprentice
The serial number of my printer is LAAG48875, could you please help me identify the model number of my printer?
Announcements