cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashes not clearing even after changing cartridges Pixma ip8720

bviviano
Apprentice

Good evening.  I am trying to figure out why my printer will not reset after changing all of the ink cartridges.  I am getting 4 flashes on the error button, which will not reset.  I have reinstalled the printer drivers.  I have unplugged the printer for 30 minutes.  I dont know what to do now.  I am running OSX Big Sur.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Bvivano,

The 4 alarm flash, will point to the printer detecting low ink information from one of the tanks. In this situation, you can try holding down the stop button for 5 seconds and then letting it go to clear the message. If the printer is detecting that more than one tank is empty, you will have to repeat the process for each tank that it detects as empty.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What is the model number for your ink tanks and what country were they made in?
  2. Do you get any specific error codes when you print from the computer? If so, what is the code number?
  3. When you open the top to view the inks, are any of the ink tanks flashing?

Announcements