cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 5100 Pixma MG6120

kurango
Apprentice

Unable to send print data

Support Code : 5100 A printer error has occurred. Turn the printer off and then on again. If this doesn't clear the error, the printer needs repair. See the manual and contact the service center.

The thing is . . . I have unplugged the printer and plugged it back in again, and it will print one maybe two print jobs but then the error message returns.

I have reinstalled software, drivers, used different usb port but the problem continues.

TIA,

kurango

2 REPLIES 2

Julius
Rising Star

Hi kurango!

To try and resolve the issue, please try taking the ink cartridges out and placing them back in again.  If the error returns, please follow these steps:

1.  Power off and unplug the printer.  With a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed areas of the printer and verify that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.  

2.  Look inside of the printer where the inks are located and ensure that there are no obstructions or paper jams.

If you still experience the same error after performing the steps above, the printer may require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please visit us at "Contact Us" for further assistance. 

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

stanman8810
Apprentice
I have a Pixma MP150 and was getting this message also. After ruling out the obvious- paper jams, cartridge problems etc. I found a suggestion made by Wayne on another site. A faulty purge cap. It's like a sliding tray that the cartridge carrier rests in. If the carrier doesn't park properly it can trigger that error.

I had to take the right side cover off mine - remove front cover then 4 screws on side cover. Then you can see a white tray that slides on 4 little rails. Put a little white grease on the rails, The cartridge carrier would then park properly.
Announcements