cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Profiles - ColorSync Problem

Gordon_M
Contributor

ip8720  Mac OS X

I have made Custom profiles for non-Canon papers and have used them successfully printing from Adobe Photoshop.

I have now tried printing from Adobe InDesign but find this problem:

In InDesign's Print Dialogue: I set Handling as 'Let inDesign Determine Colors'; and then select my Custom Profile as Printer Profile.

But then, in Printer Setup: ColorSync is not Greyed Out (as it would be in Photoshop when Color Handling there is set to Photoshop); instead, it requires I again select a Profile (defaulting to Automatic, apparently referencing Media type).

No matter what profile I select there, even when the same as set in InDesign's dialogue, the result is incorrect color. It seems like the profiling is being applied twice: once by InDesign, then by Canon.

What can I do to have the profile applied only once?

EDIT:

The same thing happens with Adobe Illustrator (CC2018 Trial).

I have downloaded and installed the CUP Driver but no difference.

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What if you select Printer Manages, ColorSync and your custom profile in the driver?

Another resource is jtoolman on YouTube
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

UPDATE

For John (and anyone interested)

On an Adobe User Forum I found that a (Mac) Epson user also found this same issue (2012). On another, that a (Mac) Canon user also reports same thing as recently as Feb this year.

So it seems it's definitely Adobe at fault. And longstanding at that! (Not betting on the chances of ever getting them to repair it !!)

One last ditch maybe solution occured to me: is it possible to uninstall/remove any elements in the Library>Printer>Canon folder that might (harmlessly) disable the Canon Printer driver dialog? Doubtful?

Thank you for your help.

Incidentally... While on the (connected) subject of Mac Drivers... I'm opening a new thread (Mac Drivers) you might have time to look at?

Just a check on this (old issue) - I have exactly the same problem continuing on InDesign, but not in Photoshop. Has anyone found any work around to this other than creating custom profiles for InDesign to use?

peterprismm
Apprentice

You have to change the settings so that it can be applied once check [Removed 3rd party link per forum community guidelines] to know what changes you have to make in the settings.

Announcements