cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious about FAX

JeffL
Contributor

Back in the old days of PC's, sending a FAX required a FAX modem in the PC.  Even thought I didn't need a new printer, I recently got an MX452 because it was offered for $19 with the purchase of my new PC.  I didn't bother hooking it up to my phone line, becasue 1. I thought it would require a FAX modem in my PC, and 2. I can't imagine sending a FAX instead of an attachment in an email.

I've been thinking about reason number 1 recently, and after some checking, I see that the printer has it's own build in modem... so I'm thinking that this machine can also function as a standalone FAX machine.  Is that correct?  I'm just curious.  I still can't imagine FAXing instead of emailing.

3 REPLIES 3

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi JeffL,

You are correct.  The PIXMA MX452 does indeed have it's own built in modem, so just as in the old days where you connected your phone line to your PC modem, all you would have to do in this case is hook the phone up to the jack marked L on the MX452 for it to be able to send faxes.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have been trying to send a fax and the printer will start to transmitt and will scan half of the document until it says to close the feeder cover with the number 2700 beside it. It also says to press OK to eject the document. I'm really puzzled. I open and reclose the cover and it doesn't make any difference. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi, Sammy.

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the printer model you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT), excluding holidays.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements