cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear Strip

flit
Apprentice

I am trying to decide if Ineed to buy new or replace the clear stip that I believe is damamged. How much will it cost to replace the strip? Would it be better to buy new?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, flit!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Can't wait to hear what a "clear strip" looks like.  Post sounds fishy to me.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi, Shadowsports!

Most modern Canon inkjet printers feature an ostensibly clear plastic strip on the inside of the unit that's more formally known as the encoder strip. A dirty encoder strip can cause the printer to not operate as it should, though in this case, we would need to know what model we're dealing with to get a clearer picture, as it were.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements