cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Selphy 1300 default "paper type" for printing?

twalp
Apprentice

The Selphy CP1300's Windows driver circa 2020 defaults to some irrelevant settings for their KP-108IN (4x6 "postcard") supply pack. Besides needing to select "Japanese Postcard" when you want to print a simple 4x6 photo, you must manually change a deeper setting for paper type. By default it's set for "plain paper". I did not know it's possible to use plain paper with this printer. Regardless, I'm using their photo paper so I must change that setting to Photographic every time I want to print. 

Is there any way to change the default print profile -- even in the registry -- so this thing will default to the appropriate settings for their supply pack?!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey,

I can confirm that this was the solution for me, had the same problem as OP. After installing the driver (https://en.canon-me.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/compact_photo/cd__cp_series/selp...) I'm now getting the correct format in the printing preferences option Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The default paper setting should be either the P borderless 4x6 or P Bordered 4x6 paper sizes.  To change the default, perform the following:

1.  Close all programs that are open.
2.  Right-Click the Start Button and choose "Run".
3.  When the "Run" window appears, type in "Control Printers" without the quotes.  Then click OK.
4.  Right-click the Canon SELPHY CP 1300 and choose Preferences or Printing Preferences.
5.  Change the Output Paper Size as desired.
6.  Click Apply and OK.

Once this has been done, try printing to test the adjustment.  If the wrong paper size is still selected, the issue may be related to the program that you are printing from.  Try printing from different software to narrow down the cause of the issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. Will that allow me to change the default paper type from Plain to Photographic?

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

There should not be an option to choose between a plain paper or photo paper media type with this printer.  It would be best to reach out to our technical support group. 

Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, indeed there is a selection for paper type in the driver. But it defaults to Plain paper, even though -- to my knowledge -- there is no "plain paper" available for this printer.  It's a Photo printer!, so why not make that paper type the default?

My question is: is there a registry entry or ini file or xml file that can be modified to overcome Canon's oversight in the default settings?

Hi, you need to go to printer properties in control panel, open the "Advance tab", under driver => select Canon Selphy 1300 => OK. The default paper size now will be "P borderless 4x6" 100x148mm" , no more "Japanese Postcard"

I completed your recommened steps above but I can't change my printer to 4x6 paper.  It's not even an option.  

tamlaroo
Apprentice

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem?  I have had my priters for years and never a problem, printed beautiful 4x6 photos.  Then all of a sudden one day I went to print and my 4x6 option is gone, and all I have is Japan Hagaki postcard 3.94" x 5.83", Metric Photo L 3.50" x 4.69" or Credit Card 2.13" x 3.39". I have tried everything that Canon said to do, and i still can't print a 4x6 picture.  Did you get a resolution that you could share with me?

I had the same issue with paper types etc.  It was a driver problem. Don't use the MS driver.

You MUST install the canon driver which will then show the correct settings.

Hey,

I can confirm that this was the solution for me, had the same problem as OP. After installing the driver (https://en.canon-me.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/compact_photo/cd__cp_series/selp...) I'm now getting the correct format in the printing preferences option Smiley Very Happy

Announcements