cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pixma ip8720 not installing drivers.

pdxhiker
Apprentice

When attempting to install drivers, it detects the printer but after a few minutes it says cannot detect printer. check that the printer is on and that the cable is connected if the printer has not been detected even thought it is connected. disconnect the cabler fromt he printer and reconnect it. but its not installing what should i do? is this printer DOA?

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, pdxhiker!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have spent hours on your support site trying to find the solution for this problem.  If I don't find the answer pretty soon, I'm going to return the printer and choose another brand.  I really want to talk to a LIVE PERSON.

alb1
Apprentice

I'm having this same problem as well. Were you able to find a solution?

No. I spent at least an hour with a tech support person, and we were still not able to find a solution.  I returned the printer and purchased an Epson printer instead.

lkb23
Apprentice

Their driver software must have an issue.  I'm having the same problem.  It finds my printer, then it doesn't.  And then it just sits there FOREVER.  I called Canon & since I don't have a support plan, I can't even get help with a driver.  This is not good customer service at all.

I spent at least an hour with a tech support person, and we were still not able to find a solution.  I returned the printer and purchased an Epson printer instead.

Announcements