cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pixma MG2950 and 5b00 error - full ink absorber

Chromo
Apprentice

Hello,

I have got printer Canon Pixma MG2950. Few days ago, printer stopped working and showed an error message that ink absorber is full. So I clean the absorber, but printer is still not woking and is blinking 7 times alternaly green and orange. Can you please help me to solve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi, Chromo!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The PIXMA MG2950 isn't a model supported by our team here at Canon USA. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have never actually seen this model printer.  You need to clean or replace the Ink Absorber.  Note, on some models the Ink Absorber cannot be removed or repleaced.

If yours is removeable/replaceable, you can clean it in a bowl of soapy water.  You'll need to repeat the process untill the water is clean.  Then place the absorber on papwer towels until its completely dry.

Reinstall.  Power off the printer, disconnect the power cord.  Now reconnect, and power on.  Next, press and hold the power and reset buttons together.  Wait about 20 sec and release both.  Can't promise this will work, but its worth a try if your model supports cleaning or replacement.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements