cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ip8720 printing inconsistently

RayAllen84
Apprentice

Ive had this printer since May this year, but I am just now really getting around to using it. 

The problem I am running into is an inconsistent print quality. Its almost as if while printing the printer changes settings on it own. 

For example, I can select to print 6 as the quantity. While printing the 1st may be exactly as I want it, but the second may look completely different, the third the same etc. I can hold 4 papers up from the same batch and they each look different, although the settings were the same. Why would this happen?

I have saved me settings so that I do not have to change them each time I print,. Paper type, size, etc. With that said, I can not figure out why this is happening. Ive now lost at least 20 sheets of 260 gsm fine art paper to this problem, not to mention precious ink! 

I have performed cleaning and checked the test page mulitiple times and that is not the problem. I will say those that print correctly look fantastic, but at the moment the bad is out weighing the good and Im loosing money in ink and paper...

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I did pay for the service plan on this, but im hoping I do not need to have it repaired replaced.

3 REPLIES 3

RayAllen84
Apprentice

no response yet.. 

I should say I am using a Mac. Op program MacOS Catalina vs 10.15

Hi RayAllen84,

The Canon Community Forum is not for immediate assistance. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE. You can also contact technical support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 8 am to 8 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We hope this helps!

hVYTOYS
Contributor

clean your printhead.  run a nozzle check on it and see what nozzles are partially plugged. 

pull the head and maybe give it a quick rinse in the sink with hot water, wipe it and shake it dry.  try tamping it into the opposite palm with a wet paper towel in it and see if it leaves some clear solid lines of color.   when you get those you dry your pinthead off good and reinstall it. 

Announcements