cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ip7220

georgelawshe
Contributor

I just purchased and installed the Canon ip7220 and i have some questions.

1.  If not used for a few hours the printer trns off.  Can it be programmed to stay on constanly or at least just sleep?

2.  When I click on the Canon Quick Menu I get a 2" square box in the center of the monitor that has a red X and "Canon Quick Menu" and I cannot get it off, also a small black box in the bottom right corner, when I click on it the center box flashes and a bell goes off.  Any idea what that is? I can not open the Canon Quick Menu.

Your help would be appreciated.

george

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, georgelawshe!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using windows 7 64 bit on a PC using the USB port.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi georgelawshe,

1. When the printer powers off, the unit is still active and in a lower power standby mode.  When you attempt to print, the printer will return to full power and process your print job.

2. I'm interested in seeing what the window looks like and if it has any additional information.  If possible, attach a screenshot of the error.  Also, have you tried reloading the Quick Menu using the drivers from our website?  If not, visit the downloads page for your printer, here.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I apologize for not sending you the information that you requested.  I have been out of town and expect to return home this week where  my printer is located and I will respond to your request then.

Thanks for your help and again I apologize for the inconvenience. 

George

@MarkII wrote:

Hi georgelawshe,

1. When the printer powers off, the unit is still active and in a lower power standby mode.  When you attempt to print, the printer will return to full power and process your print job.

2. I'm interested in seeing what the window looks like and if it has any additional information.  If possible, attach a screenshot of the error.  Also, have you tried reloading the Quick Menu using the drivers from our website?  If not, visit the downloads page for your printer, here.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

My printer stays asleep untill I push the On button then it wakes up and prints.

I have a screen shot of the Image Display on a Word Doc, but I can not figure out to attach it to this reply, Sorry.

George

@MarkII wrote:

Hi georgelawshe,

Announcements