cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon iP7200 does nothing but show a constant orange light

MarlonB
Apprentice

Hi everybody,

I have a Canon iP7200 printer which does not work. As I turn it on, the white power light comes on together with a solid orange light. The printer doesn't respond to anything (not even the power button), and can basically only be turned off by pulling the power.

This started since I swapped my empty ink containers new non-Canon ink containers. The company which supplied the new ink guaranteed however, that these would be compatible. They claim to have bought one of the Canon plants and thus guarantee no problems when swapping containers. Unfortunately I can't return them because I waited too long to install them in my printer.

Occasionaly the printer does work, but then the next time I turn it on to print, the orange light comes on again. I've found a few mentions online that a constant orange light means a hardware fault, but because the printer has worked perfectly in between showing orange lights, I thinks this is not the case.

Does anybody know what I should do next? Any way to reset the printer?

Thanks in advance!

Marlon

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MarlonB,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

I contacted Canon support but that was a rather useless experience. First of all they advised me to go back to the store that (and I quote) scammed me, then they advised me to unplug the printer and power it back on (which I already stated I did). After that they told me to go to a repair center to get an estimate of the repaircost, and finally they offered me a 20% discount on a new printer.

I fail to see why an ink supplier (who by the way also sells original Canon ink) would bother to sell their customers fake ink which ruins their printer, while offering insurance on said ink at the same time. Sounds like a terrible scam idea 😉

As for the chips being identical, if I had the time I would hook up both an original Canon ink cartridge as well as one of the replacement cartridges I got to an oscilloscope to compare the signals to prove them wrong, but it wouldn't amount to anything except for the same standard reply I guess, so I won't bother.

Anyway, they fail to grasp the fact that the printer works some of the time, but not all of the time.

If anyone here has any ideas to try out, please let me know. I've printed a grand total of a few hundred pages with this printer and it's original cartridges, so I'm not going to accept defeat this easily 😉

Thanks,

Marlon

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements