cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon iP2702 refuses to print!!

akhadley
Apprentice

We have a Canon iP2702 printer that connects to an Dell (using Windows 7) laptop via cable. When we first got it, it printed just fine without any issue. Now we can't get anything to print and we usually get the message that the printer is Offline or "Printer is Not Responding". We've tried everything. Uninstalling and reinstalling driver, unplugging all cords, restarting computer and printer, etc ... and it still gives us the same thing. Any help would be huge because this is making us crazy. Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi akhadley,

When you plug the usb cord into the computer, does the computer make any type of noise like it detected a usb device was plugged in? I will also need to know how the usb cord is.

We look forward to your reply.

Thanks for the response! 

I just tried connecting the USB and it didn't make any connection noises. 

And do you mean the condition of the cord? It seems to be just fine, but it is a different color than the rest of the printer and cables - perhaps it isn't the original one? 

Hi akhadley,

I recommend opening Device Manager on your computer and scroll down to the Universal Serial Bus Control and click the little arrow next to it. This will open a drop down menu that will show all devices connected. If the printer is not listed even though the cord is plugged in that means the computer is communicating with the printer.

This could be caused by a firewall or security setting on the computer. I recommend contacting Microsoft and have them troubleshoot the computer to see if they can narrow down why the computer is not communicating when the usb cord is connected.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements