cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon i9900 error light

haze
Apprentice

Hello photo buffs,

This is a shot in the dark, my last hope of hopes, that someone can resolve my printer error before I toss it in the trash.

I have a Canon i9900 printer using on a Windows 10 Laptop,(I am the original owner) that has given me years of trouble free printing, however, not long ago I had a slight paper jam and now I get a green light followed by 5 flashing orange lights with "user error" msg.

Is there anyway to fix this or, as I said, trash it???

Thanks to anyonw with advice.

Haze

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Smegman
Apprentice

I also had this issue crop up this morning after 15 years of trouble-free operation. Green light followed by five orange. I removed the print head, cleaned the electrical contacts, inspected the heads, and replaced the unit. rechecked all connections, reinstalled the driver just for fun, and the problem persists. I too don't want to toss this thing in the trash but if its useful life is up, oh well. Is there anything else I can try before doing that?

If not, any recommendations on what to replace it with maintaining the same functionality and print quality?

Hi smegman,

Based on your description, you have done everything I would suggest. The printer has experienced an internal hardware failure and will need to be replaced because it was retired in 2013 and service is no longer available.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Roger, thanks very much.

Announcements