cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon U Scan Utility

ttbrogan
Apprentice

Can I use the Canon U Scan Utility with a MX432 printer? I bought a MX742 and the utility came with the new peinter.  Can I use the U Scan Utility with the older MX432?

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi ttbrogan,

The Canon IJ Scan Utility is not compatible with the PIXMA MX432; you will need to use the MP Navigator program with the printer.  If you do not have the MP Navigator program installed, you can downoad it from the Canon USA website.  The following link will take you to the initial download page for your PIXMA MX432:

PIXMA MX432 Drivers and Software page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that your operating system type is selected correctly in the OPERATING SYSTEM field.  If it is not, please select your operating system from the drop-down field.

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click the MP NAVIGATOR EX file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear. 

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the software.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just installed my new PIXMA 2522, replacing a PIXMA 2520. The 2520 had the U-Scan utility, which I used a lot. Now, I get a message that says the Utility cannot work with my printer. I have tried downloading all the drivers and software, but the download has failed repeatedly. Sometimes I get a message that one or more files failed to down load, sometimes the message says something blocked the download, and other times, the message says that the .ece file will not run on my Windows 10 computer. I want to be able to use the scan utility, whether it is the older U-Scan, or a newer version. What can II do? By the way, the automated help and support has not provided any answers.

Sorry, I meant the .exe file would not run on my computer

Hi lawlessman1,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements