cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Selphy CP1200 not working

Alisha
Apprentice
Hello,
I have just turned on my printer and I can’t seem to get past the beginning screen. It’s a black screen with canon written in white and none of the buttons are working. I can’t even turn it off, all I can do it unplug it. Any ideas?
25 REPLIES 25

Brysonsmommy
Apprentice
I'm just now opening this after having it for a couple of years, I was busy taking care of my husband who had a brain tumor. My son wanted to use this and I can't get past the black and white Canon screen. Am I just stuck with a piece of junk that's useless?? Par for the course right now...

probably.  I did find a used one online .  it didn't have the parts but I had all the parts.  So why not.  But I got Canon to trade it free.  I'm nearly 100 % positive in my case that 1. it's the HEAT that kills it.  ie don't run it once the photos come out rather warm or the printer gets warmer than you feel it should be.  Let it cool down  2. I'm totally 100 % positive the battery DOES NOT help air flow and will kill the printer cause I've had it over a year now and no problems.  (they gave me the 1300) the 1200 didn't last or lasted a few weeks passed the end of the warranty.  that was more what made me miffed.  If one was given a proper teardown of this to know what cap to replace which I think is it but not sure.. maybe some of us can figure out how to solder on a new one.  

Besides the printer hope life is better now.  !  Keep up good fights.

Brysonsmommy
Apprentice
Mine was brand new, just out of the box. I'm sure nothing can be done because it just sat on my desk for 2 years unopened.

wish you luck then. I'd contact canon anyway if it sat unopened for 2 years. I have my own things I can't actually open until I need them. Mainly because if I get dust on it then it was a waste (scanner glass) so I hope there isn't anything wrong with that...

Spaldino
Apprentice

Me too!  My Canon Selphy CP1200 is behaving in exactly same way.  It's been sitting for a few years plugged in but not used.  Worked fine before.  When turning it on it's gets stuck on introductory screen with white "Canon" text on black background.  Also, pushing the power button a second time does not turn it off.
I've never used it with a battery pack plus duty cycle wise I never printed enough to cause over heating.
I've searched for a way to do a factory reset but have had no luck.
Sure would be nice if Canon would provide a solution for this problem that clearly a lot of people have had.

I've discovered the #1 reason these break is heat.  Don't run the battery that blocks the fan,  I believe there is one that plugs into the powerport.  Don't run it for long periods.  If your photos start feeling warm .  Give it a break.  Last 2 years doing this

Announcements