cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Selphy CP1200 not working

Alisha
Apprentice
Hello,
I have just turned on my printer and I can’t seem to get past the beginning screen. It’s a black screen with canon written in white and none of the buttons are working. I can’t even turn it off, all I can do it unplug it. Any ideas?
25 REPLIES 25

Danny

Hi, Alisha!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

I am also having this problem. Is there a fix or am I just SOL?  Does anyone have a fix for this?

and if there is not a fix, will Canon exchange for a new one?  Thanks!

doreen

unless you're under warranty or your rathe rnice in a good sort of way you're likely SOL.  I guess they took notice when I got annoyed and bought a refurbished one for $24  maybe $30 in the end and just to be a pain added a $10 warranty to it.   Suddenly they were like oh.  um  oh just send it it we'll fix it for free.  Although I have been pushing them on why it happened.  Which they probably won't tell me 😞  they have to take it apart.  I've come up with a small theory.  How many here are using their Selphy with a battery?   One problem with THERMAL dye subs is heat.  Which my old Olympus P-10 got too hot it started to stick and jam.  I never even thought to block the fan.  Which occured to me during all this .. that is exactly what that battery does.  It blocks the fan.  No fan your frying the components.  I threw this on Canon and didn't get an answer on it.  I used to build notebooks and with a laptop have a couple of vents to keep it cool (the latest is one that attaches to the outbound fan and is basically a vacuum.  Now that cools off my laptop better than one under it ever could.  

So logic has always been that Electronics that get hot don't last long.  Even LCD tv's with CRT backlit screens  (LED's run much cooler)  

I'm thinking I should use that battery less or not at all, which is a pain because I'd have to put the wire under the unit because the power comes from the right and the input is on the left in the back.   Basically if it is causing overheating because the fan is blocked there should be a wire assem\bly that snaps in place in the back that you can plug into the battery.  Like a ribbon cable.  Wouldn't be as sweet but it would work.  Or a new battery remade that has a ribbon cable out of it that plugs in the back Could be a battery redesign that turns it into a table on the bottom?  Just thoughts outloud.   But thats what I think it could be but they won't say yes or no if it is.   

I am having the same problem. My selphy had been working just fine. I haven't used it for several months and then it just stopped working. It won't read the memory card. The card seems to be working in my camera just fine.

Tavfalco
Apprentice
It happens to me exactly the same. I'm seeing several post for the same subject these weeks ... suspicious

Tjwilliford
Apprentice
Has a "fix" not been found? I'm having exact same issues.

Hello, I still have no solution. I am convinced that it is a manufacturing fault. I have read in several places that there are people with the same problem and in the same space of time. It is a serious firmware failure but Canon will not respond. It has stopped working for me after only 50 impressions

seems all they want is for me to spend another $90 which I'm stuck now cause I just spend $60 on more photo paper I can't use.  And they tell me I gotta have it fix (like 6 months past warranty and this has been going on since 2011 at least.  Fairly sure it's a firmware issue because they had one update for it last year.  Too bad it wasn't a pushed firmware update.  Wonder if it woulda made a difference.  No excuse that a $20 refurbished Olympus P-10 that still works 15 yrs after I got it.  but they don't make the pack for it anymore so I get the Canon and it lasts 1 1/2 years for $90  something doesn't add up (NEW !!!)  used still works New it's a brick.  At some point someones gonna get enough people together for a class action. 😞  Or Canon could do it the easy way.  This isn't the Canon I grew up with that would bend over backwards to keep my business.  You'd think their top priority is to have me keep buying their ribbon paper packs but apparently not...

Troubleshoot was hit the on button several times after I turned it off (and unplug the battery)   I do see the screen is still there when I have a bright cree lamp on it.  So I'd say way more than 5 times then turn it back on 10 min later if it doesn't work it's a service call and they won't tell me how much  so $90 vs how much is the service?

apparently not .. and mine was set off by the April 2018 update in win 10 and I didn't get the so called April one till late May o_O but according to the blue enemy Epson (hate their printers) a $700 scanner crashes all the time and they say that April 2018 is the problem and they haven't found a fix either. 2 months into these errors.
Announcements