cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer MG5420. How can I save a scanned document in the Word format?

Yvonne
Apprentice

I can only find the option to save scanned documents in the PDF format. I want to know if there is a way to save in Word. Can anyone help me? Canon Printer MXZ5420.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Yvonne.

Specialized OCR software may be needed in order to save files directly to Microsoft Word format.  Our software does not have this capability.

If you are attempting to scan a basic, text-only document.  You can use our IJ Scan Utility to scan and make adjustments.

1.  Start, point to (All) Programs, Canon Utilities and then open the Canon IJ Scan Utility.

2.  Click 'Settings' on the lower right corner.

3.  Click 'Document Scan' on the left.

4.  Under 'Application Settings' on the right, select 'Start (OCR)' and choose 'Canon My Image Garden' in the menu.

5.  Click OK.

6.  In the IJ Scan Utility, click 'Document'.

When scanning is completed, Notepad will open and you will be able to edit and save your document.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

arronlee
Contributor

Hi, Yvonne.

Why not installed some PDF scanners to help you scan PDF files directly? Or you can convert PDF to Word doc using OCR. But I do think the PDF scanner is necessary for us. Isn't it? Whatever, I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

Announcements