cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer IX6820 damaging paper and misaligning right at the end of printing

Steffegan
Apprentice

Hello,

I've had my Canon printer for about 2 years and it suddenly started to make horrible crunching noises and damaging my prints. Heres a picture of what the end result always is 

IMG_0718.jpeg

For some reason it misaligns (this is when the horrible crunching noise happens) and it bends the edges of the paper while smudging ink on it. 

I have tried all printer utility options at least 2 times (cleaning, deep cleaning, autohead alignment, roller cleaning, bottom plate cleaning) but nothing has worked. I even checked to see if something was stuck in there and physically cleaned the rollers with que tips/swabs. Nothing has changed. 

I'd appreciate any help!

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Steffegan
Apprentice

UPDATE: Cleaned the rollers some more as well as replaced all the ink. Now it works...sometimes lol 

Hello Steffegen. I am also starting to get a line missing ink. It is a faint white line about the same location on my 13x19 photo paper at the end of printing. Did you have damaging paper and misalignment right away or did you see the line white line first? I am new to the community and I posted my issue with a photo of my problem. Please let me know how you cleaned the rollers. I'm going to do an ink replacement, as well. Are you still having problems printing? Thank you for any help!
Announcements