cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma ip8700 prints black and white pictures with a red cast

stunev
Apprentice

I have a Canon pixma ip8700 printer which was printing via Lightroom on a MacBook Pro running El Capitan. I recently bought a Mac Mini running Sierra and now I can't get a black and white print without a hideous red cast.

During the migration Sierra seems to have installed new Canon printer software and now I no longer have the wide choice of photo paper options. Previously I was able to select 'glossy photo paper' for the Permajet paper I use and got perfect black and white, now I only get 'photo' from the media choice box.

I've wasted a lot of paper and ink trying to solve this, installing older drivers, switching profiles on and off, printing via other software, turning ‘black and white’ on and off, etc.

It's not a printer, ink or paper issue as I can still print from my MacBook and get perfect B&W.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem - I'd be grateful for any advice.

Cheers

Stu

New settings.jpg

Old settings.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad to have been able to help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Check in System Preferences->Printers  and Scanners.

You probably have the Bonjour version of the printer.

Download the Canon driver from the canon site and install that.

When you click the "+" to add a printer wait for the IJ vervion of the driver. It sometimes takes 30+ seconds to appear.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

stunev
Apprentice
Hi - that's great information, I seem to remember Bonjour coming up - many thanks for your help - I'll clear everything off and try this later.

Regards
Stu

stunev
Apprentice
Hi JRHoffman75

A thousand thanks! - your setup suggestion was perfect - I'm back in business with lovely black and white pix.

Best wishes
Stu

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad to have been able to help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements