cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MP830 will not scan

Angie
Apprentice

My Canon Pixma MP830 will print, but will not scan.  I am not sure what to do.  When I select "scan", "save to pc", ok, "'scan from platen", and press ok, it shows I need to put my item on the platen.  It shows the lid raised on the printer with arrows that mean to me I should put the item on the platen.  Even if I "fake it out" by lifting the lid and putting it back down, it just sits there. 

Any advice is appreciated, especially if it is step by step and not in advanced, technical language.  🙂 

Angie

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Hi Angie!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks, Tiffany  -

I am operating Windows Vista on a PC.  I am getting no error messages of any kind, just a lack of "action" when I try to scan.  This machine is not wireless and is hooked to only one computer and it is the same computer it has been attached to since we got the printer.  THe only thing that changed is we moved it from one room to another and since then, it has not scanned. Thank you for your question and request for clarification.  🙂

Angie

Announcements