cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG5220

jbstockman
Apprentice

I can't print to my printer. It says printer is offline even though my laptop sees the printer.

I should mention I just installed this to my laptop by installing the printer drivers because I lost my install cd.

7 REPLIES 7

Jason
Whiz

Hi jbstockman!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, please let us know the version of Windows or Mac in use.  We look forward to hearing back from you!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, we would suggesting reaching our technical support team through the following link: Contact Us. 

Thanks!

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit service pack 1

I have input my wireless settings into the printer and installed the drivers on my laptop but printer will not print.

I can see the printer from my laptop ie how much color is left in cartridge so I know it is communicating 

OK I deleted everything and started over. Now I can print via USB cable but wireless jobs just sit in the queue and say printing but nothing ever happens

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi jbstockman,

First thing I recommend, is going into your Devices and Printers window (Click Start, then select Devices and Printers).  In here, how many listings appear for the PIXMA MG5220 (or MG5200 series).  If you see multiple listings, right click on each of them and select Printer Properties.  Click the Ports tab and see what port is selected for each device.

To print over the network, we want to use the printer connected by the CNBJNP port.  If none of these printers are using the port, I recommend running the installation program again.  This will install the port and connect the printer.  You might want to delete or remove the other MG5220 devices from the Devices and Printers window first.  While you can have the printer installed as both a USB and LAN device, it could create confusion down the road if you select the wrong printer in your applications.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't have the installation program. I need a direct link to it.

Hello jbstockman.

Please visit the following link to download the drivers.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5220#D...

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

bpunt1,

Please try these steps to reduce the quality for draft printing.

1.  Open the Applications folder.

2.  Open the Textedit program.  When the program is open, a small white window will appear.

3.  Click File at the top left corner and choose Print.

4.  In the Print dialog screen, look for the third dropdown menu, labeled as 'Textedit'.

5.  Expand this Menu and choose 'Quality and Media'.

6.  Change the quality to 'Fast' or 'Draft'.

7.  Next, look up for the second dropdown menu, labeled 'Presets' or 'Standard'.

8.  Expand this menu and choose 'Save As'.

9. Type in 'Draft' or something similar, then click OK.

Once this has been done, make sure that the new preset is selected before printing.  Simply change the preset back to 'Standard' for color printing.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

bpunt1
Apprentice

How do I set the printer to use less ink?  I thought it had a Draft setting which I used when I had my old PC.  Now I'm using a Mac and I can't seem to find the setting menu.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements