cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MX712 suddenly won't print or copy anything - no color, no B/W, not even with Deep Clean

momolabs
Apprentice

Canon PIXMA MX712 worked great, no degradation in print quality (over last 1.5 years).  Suddenly won't print or copy anything.  Can't print wirelessly (from IPAd or computer) or plugged in with USB directly to laptop.  Can't copy.  Makes normal print head sounds and "prepares" to print.  Sounds like it is working and spits out nothing but blank pages.  Tried doing test print and nothing shows up on page.  Tried doing a deep clean and still nothing.  Tried unplugging and letting it reset and turn back on and still nothing.  Tried switching out printer cartridges and still nothing.  All lights are on for the print cartridges.  The printer says it is ready and never received a print error.  Please help me stop getting nothing but blank pages.  It would seem normal to start having streaking or blotchy prints, but not just to work great one day and then stop.

11 REPLIES 11

Ramona
Authority

Hi momolabs,

When ink does not print, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer to try and get it to print.  Since you have also replaced the ink cartridges, we can perform a  print head alignment to see if this will allow the ink to print.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Performing a Print Head Alignment

If you still are unable to get ink to appear on the page after performing the alignment, the printer will require servicing.  Please click on the Contact Us link below for servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the exact same problem ... printer is about 18 mths old ... I have done what has been suggested ... any other ideas

Same problem here! Sounds like the print head has gone bad? I can print cyan and magenta, but no black... so text docs come out as blank pages.... 😞

did not resolve

I'm glad I purchased at Costco

noormotani
Contributor

same problem here. I have even removed and water flush cleaned the print heads. I have sent an email to Canon hopping to receive their input.

I have now purchased a new MX922. No need for help on my post.

baseballfan
Apprentice

same problem as others. Tried everything but still will not print. Very dissatisfied since I have not had for very long. will probably switch to HP!

rc
Apprentice

I have the same problem any help i can see a printer only lasting 18 months, Canon should help us with this problem

ssb
Apprentice

I have the same problem very frustrating 

Announcements