cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MP610 copy/print blanks except for Maintenance functions

gobigred
Contributor

Canon PIXMA MP610 worked until Friday.  Saturday the printer does not copy and does not print from computer, but does print maintenance functions (alignment, etc.) so it isn't the printer head. Discovered today (Sunday) that saving a .docx as a .png, the iMac can send the .png that will print, but the .docx sent still prints a blank page  Printer scanner continues to print only a blank page in copy mode. 

Any solutions?

14 REPLIES 14

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi gobigred,

To narrow down this issue I recommend printout out a nozzle check. Please click HERE for the steps. When the nozzle check prints, does it look like the picture below?

We look forward to your reply.

Did that originally as part of the maint ck and it does print out as hown

Looking at my printout - it printed what shows as (2) but nothing above it like your (1)

All ink carts show red, no blinking lights so it shouldn't be an ink problem

Hi gobigred,

If the black grid is missing from the nozzle check, that means the black ink is not being applied to the paper. Could you please take the black ink out of the printer and reply with the information that is listed on the cartridge( ink number, where it was made, etc).

We look forward to your reply.

1. There are two black ink cartridges - which is the supposed culprit if it is one of those?
2. Why will it print in black a .png saved from a .doc not the.doc?

Deosn't make sense...

Cnon ink
CU 251(bk) Japan
PGI-250 (250 PGBK) Japan

Wait - looked at my MX922 instead of my wife's. Will check her ink sorry about the confusion.

Her MP 610 Canon ink
CU 8BK Japan
PGI 5BK (5 PGBK) Japan
Announcements