cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG7150 won't connect to internet

denbigh1974
Apprentice

I have a Canon MG7150 printer (firmware 2.0.1.0) configured as a network printer on a wired LAN.

Computers on the network can print to the printer no problem. The 'Canon IJ Network' tool can be used from a network-connected pc to configure the printer.

The printer and network computers are connected to a router to access the internet.

My problem is that I cannot get the printer to access the internet. Any attempt to connect the printer to the cloud is met with following message on the printer display:

"Cannot connect to the Internet. Check the settings of the access point, etc."

The network computers can access the internet ok. What settings can I try to enable internet access for the printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

denbigh1974
Apprentice

Progress!

Solution for anyone else with the same problem...

On page 2 of
http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/cloud/GCP_Register_the_Printer_to_GCP.pdf
it says:
[Google Cloud Print] This function is available only when IPv4 is selected for TCP/IP settings on Other settings from LAN settings. For instructions about displaying Other settings on the operation panel, refer to the on-screen manual (user's guide) that comes with the printer.

To solve my problem, I toggled through the printer's touch sensitive display menu: LAN Settings--->Other settings--->TCP/IP settings--->IPv4 and selected Automatic to set up. Thereafter, printer could connect to internet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

denbigh1974
Apprentice

Progress!

Solution for anyone else with the same problem...

On page 2 of
http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/cloud/GCP_Register_the_Printer_to_GCP.pdf
it says:
[Google Cloud Print] This function is available only when IPv4 is selected for TCP/IP settings on Other settings from LAN settings. For instructions about displaying Other settings on the operation panel, refer to the on-screen manual (user's guide) that comes with the printer.

To solve my problem, I toggled through the printer's touch sensitive display menu: LAN Settings--->Other settings--->TCP/IP settings--->IPv4 and selected Automatic to set up. Thereafter, printer could connect to internet.

This didn't work for me (MG7720). I prefer to have a fixed IP address (Manual) for my printer(s), and was able to solve this issue by also setting a "Manual" DNS server to the router's IP address.

hi 

I just put the DNS server from google going to the web service setup, and configuring the DNS server setup as 8.8.8.8 and the secondary 8.8.4.4.

I think it worked !

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements