cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IP4500 mal-function Error 5100

Nanna
Apprentice

Hi.  My Canon IP4500 printer has both the green and yellow lights flashing so will not print.  Error 5100 shows if I try and print.  I have recently installed new ink cartridges and the printer was working fine until this problem came up..  When I open the door the print cartridges have no light showing.  Any ideas please?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi  Nanna.

The 5100 error indicates an internal hardware issue with the printer, and it will require service. You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This program is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. It allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished model at a discounted price.

For a list of products that are available, their pricing, and/or to place an order, please call the Canon Upgrade Program line at 1-866-443-8002, seven days a week, 8 AM to Midnight EST. Please have your serial number ready.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements