cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon BJC85

eddie10
Apprentice

Hello, I have just joined and hope someone can help.

I have a BJC85 portable printer and although it is old it is brilliant.

I have aquired the Canon IS-12 scanner head but cannot find the software for it.

I emailed Canon UK for help but it appears to be an automated reply saying "I have passed their covid rules for someone to come on my site"!

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this software (I do not mind paying)

I tried on the internet and ended up with a virus (removed) from their "driver app"

I am using win 7 home on a asus netbook.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi eddie10,

The ISScan softwarwe for the scanning cartridge of the BJC-85 is not supported with Windows 7.   The last operating system it was supported with was Windows XP.

That said, you can always try to install the ISScan software on your Windows 7 computer in compatiblity mode for Windows XP.  Please note, this is not supported and would be done at your own risk.

Please use this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/bj...

Once that page loads, please choose "Windows XP" from the Operating System drop down box and the ISScan software will be available.  Click the "Select" button to the right and then click the "Download" button to download that to your computer.  When the download is complete, please right click "ISScan_v350.exe" and left click on Properties.  Click on the Compatibility tab at the top.  Set to run in Windows XP compatibility mode and then close the Properties.  Double click "ISScan_v350.exe" to install.

Untitled.jpg

You could also download a Virtual Winodws XP environment for use with Windows 7 and try it that way:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8002

Again, this is not supported and would be attempted to your own risk.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi eddie10,

The ISScan softwarwe for the scanning cartridge of the BJC-85 is not supported with Windows 7.   The last operating system it was supported with was Windows XP.

That said, you can always try to install the ISScan software on your Windows 7 computer in compatiblity mode for Windows XP.  Please note, this is not supported and would be done at your own risk.

Please use this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/bj...

Once that page loads, please choose "Windows XP" from the Operating System drop down box and the ISScan software will be available.  Click the "Select" button to the right and then click the "Download" button to download that to your computer.  When the download is complete, please right click "ISScan_v350.exe" and left click on Properties.  Click on the Compatibility tab at the top.  Set to run in Windows XP compatibility mode and then close the Properties.  Double click "ISScan_v350.exe" to install.

Untitled.jpg

You could also download a Virtual Winodws XP environment for use with Windows 7 and try it that way:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8002

Again, this is not supported and would be attempted to your own risk.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,
           my sincerest thanks to you and the forum.
Downloaded 20 mins ago and installed under Xp sp3.
Works perfectly.
My printer may be old, but has been very reliable, personally I think this was one of the best portable printers they ever made.
I have had (hp) before but have stayed with Canon the last 7 years in the house.
At the moment have an MG3600 all in one.
I Thought it was noisy, then I found quiet mode!

Once again Thank You, and the forum for helping.

Kindest regards

edward keatley
Announcements